I’ve digested ‘em 💩 and am leaving these bad boys behind in ‘22.😂 Which ones resonate with you?
I’m writing this while hosting my bad habits a goodbye-breakup-dinner here in Tulum, Mexico. After all, improvised rituals are this wordsmith-mermaid’s jam. 🎉
Like you, I know its time for a seasonal letting go of self-destructive habits. You know, those patterns that like to masquerade in our lives as necessary, helpful or productive tools, and yet they actually block us from our living within our upper limits of joy, freedom, expression and fulfillment. For example, I’m saying no more to:
🧨 OUTSOURCING MY SAFETY
🧨”TEACHER KNOWS BEST”
🧨 BOSS BABE #HUSTLE CULTURE
MOOD: 👋Bye Shelly
How can you break bad habits, with ease?
- Avoid tempting situations in the first 60 days.
- Replace unhealthy behaviours with healthy patterns – focus on enjoying your new choices.
- Prepare for inner resistance and learn to recognize the voice of what I call the “resistance gremlin army” for what it is – just a voice who doesn’t control your actions anymore.
- Enlist support and set up accountability systems.
- Reward yourself for small wins and celebrate every day you enact your new habits.
- Forgive yourself when you slip into your old ways, and allow yourself to press your inner “refresh” button without guilt. It won’t help anyways!
You got this!
Now, onto a personal share of which habit’s I’ve wrestled with and decided to let go. Maybe comment which habits you’re committed to dropping 💩🤭👇so I can affirm you too?
And you, lovely friend reading this? Which habits will you choose to leave behind too? Every day can be a fresh start and a personal new year if we choose it to be.
Please drop a comment below for me to affirm your new choice! We’re on this journey together afterall.